The attempt to break the hold that Myriad has on key patents for cancer genes has reopened the debate on who can own rights to biology.
Transparent electronic materials will make it possible to build a new generation of smart objects.
Electric vehicles and devices such as Internet tablets need higher-capacity batteries.
The need to incorporate analogue functions is slowing system-on-chip developments. E&T investigates.
SoC design calls for more software but that code is expensive to write.
"Africa is abundant with engineering opportunity. We look at some of the projects and the problems."
- Greenpeace frowns at Centrica's getting a shale-gas venture stake
- Chinese space capsule reaches its ‘Heavenly Palace’
- HMS Queen Elizabeth nears completion
- Scientist to benefit from exascale supercomputer deal
- Apple might launch cheaper iPhone with a bigger screen
- World’s largest ship named after former Maersk CEO
- Creating an Iphone App [05:50 pm 17/06/13]
- E&T magazine - Debate - HS2, the need for speed [05:02 pm 17/06/13]
- CO2 is good [07:29 pm 16/06/13]
- DECC-EDF makes yet another attempt to fund 3rd Generation Nuclear at any cost [05:02 pm 15/06/13]
- Transformers Vector Group [09:46 am 15/06/13]
Tune into our latest podcast