As the Raspberry Pi celebrates its first birthday, designs intended for the hobbyist are getting mainstream attention from developers of 'grown up' applications.
Smartphones designed to exploit the emerging 4G networks are ravenous for data, and that's good news for service operators who need ways to maximise usage-based revenue models. But the transition from 3G to 4G is likely to throw up several contentious issues that will take time and effort to reconcile.
The Motor Industry Software Reliability Association (MISRA), a group that developed one of the most widely-used coding standards for safe, reliable software, launched at Embedded World, Nuremberg this week, marking the first major update to the standard for almost a decade.
28 February 2013
Microchip Technology has launched a toolkit that lets customers build sensor networks that use the human body instead of wires to communicate.
The future of the satellite launch is cubed: meet the Jack-in-the-box that can carry your experiment into orbit on a realistic budget
"Summer is on the way, so we turn our attention to a few leisurely pursuits - and some not-so leisurely ones..."
- Greenpeace frowns at Centrica's getting a shale-gas venture stake
- World’s most advanced comms satellite shipped to launch site
- HMS Queen Elizabeth nears completion
- Scientist to benefit from exascale supercomputer deal
- Dinosaurs’ app uses augmented reality
- Chinese space capsule reaches its ‘Heavenly Palace’
- Transformers Vector Group [04:55 pm 19/06/13]
- E&T magazine - Debate - HS2, the need for speed [01:33 pm 18/06/13]
- Creating an Iphone App [05:50 pm 17/06/13]
- CO2 is good [07:29 pm 16/06/13]
- DECC-EDF makes yet another attempt to fund 3rd Generation Nuclear at any cost [05:02 pm 15/06/13]
Tune into our latest podcast