Web users now depend on the search functions to navigate their way to information: be it mission-critical market data or family history - but the mechanics of search technology pre-date the advent of the Internet.
Graphics may be the way forward for desktop processors.
The more we come to rely on search engines, the more we encounter their shortcomings. With public searchers like Google lurching toward ever-more commercial business models, should organisations now consider building their own search engines? We find out.
The same technology that drives many of the most advanced computerised trading systems is on its way to a computer near you.
Making chips on bigger wafers might be more efficient, but some in the industry aren't convinced of the benefits.
"Is augmented reality the next big thing or a marketing gimmick? Is it fundamental to the future or a fashion faux pas?"
- Fukushima Daiichi Unit 3 5th Floor Highly Radioactive Debris [03:09 pm 17/05/13]
- Cluster formation on cooja simulator [01:59 pm 17/05/13]
- DSLAM Power Consumption [01:58 pm 17/05/13]
- English is not my first language. [01:23 am 17/05/13]
- Transport 2020 [09:35 pm 16/05/13]
Tune into our latest podcast