Sani Nassif, the man in charge of tools and technologies at IBM Microelectronics, has a way of putting into perspective the looming problem for chip designers.
01 July 2008
Mentor Graphics has taken on Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch to advise on the unsolicited bid made by Cadence Design Systems to take over Mentor.
Chip designers need to watch their watts. But they are stymied by today's design techniques, says E&T.
Thanks to the use of more aggressive process technologies, large-memory 32bit microcontrollers are making inroads in embedded systems.
Cost pressures are forcing designers to put more analogue circuitry onto bleeding-edge silicon.
"Africa is abundant with engineering opportunity. We look at some of the projects and the problems."
- DECC-EDF makes yet another attempt to fund 3rd Generation Nuclear at any cost [12:04 pm 25/05/13]
- UK just six hours from running out of gas in March [09:02 pm 24/05/13]
- Ideas for a final year university project [05:55 pm 24/05/13]
- Fourth Generation Nuclear: Molten Salt Reactors [10:39 am 24/05/13]
- LED bulb efficiency - its all about the drivers not the LEDs? [09:52 am 24/05/13]
Tune into our latest podcast