In biology labs around the world, the graduate student or 'lab rat' has long been a synonym for drudge. But the machines have started taking over. Biologists are now using technology for its mechanical doggedness.
As car designers compete to pack more electronics into their vehicles, they are also having to focus on the issues of safety and security.
While concern over the cost of test is changing attitudes to when and how it’s done, the cost of failure means that we’re now testing everything, everywhere.
Researchers have used two common characteristics of cancer cells to help nanoparticles home in on them and, if developed successfully for medical use, show up tumours much more clearly on MRI scans than has been possible so far
RFID was the prototype for the entity-connected domains now being brought into the Internet of Things – but are the two technologies necessarily destined to contend with each other? Renewed interest in RFID suggests that it still has an important part to play.
"Are you a digital native or an analogue native? The analogue aesthetic is alive and well at work in art, music, fashion and many other aspects of culture"
- What to Specialise in Electronics Engineering?? [03:02 am 03/04/14]
- Britain to have just one remaining coal pit by the end of 2015 [01:11 am 03/04/14]
- LV Generator Star point earthing - UK [08:35 pm 02/04/14]
- East West Rail - the Oxford to Bedford route [07:33 pm 02/04/14]
- Small nuclear power [06:06 pm 02/04/14]
The essential source of engineering products and suppliers.