The field of power electronics is becoming a strong sector within the UK's technology base, thanks to unconventional techniques such as combining analogue and digital control devices.
Concern over attributes like energy consumption is set to radically change the way computer servers are designed – but will we at last be able to move away from the conventions that have dominated design for the last 20 years?
12 September 2013
RS Components aims to make 3D printing more accessible to electrical and electronics engineers with the launch of a free solid-modelling tool that works with the distributor’s existing DesignSpark PCB layout software.
Experiments in so-called 5G mobile communications have begun, but early indications suggest that it's going to be a fundamentally different kind of cellular network that emerges.
A team of Doctor Who devotees has for decades been advancing digital restoration techniques while recovering vintage episodes from some often obscure sources.
"The Internet of Things used to be a buzz phrase in tech circles, but it's already so last century. Brace yourself for the Internet of Everything"
- Will we ever be able to generate energy from invisible dark matter? [12:49 pm 12/12/13]
- The Nuclear Innovation Research Office (NIRO) and its new role [11:12 am 12/12/13]
- PCB Design Courses [07:46 am 12/12/13]
- 11kv overhead lines question [08:24 pm 11/12/13]
- Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation Animation Help needed [06:50 am 10/12/13]
Tune into our latest podcast